Thursday, July 24, 2008
News From the Annex
The Toyota Park Annex (aka as the Chicago Red Stars office) has been rockin' with action lately. Consider:
* The interior rehab was recently completed with the addition of cubes for our sales staff and interns.
* The exterior design was completed yesterday with the addition of Red Stars and Toyota Park logos, Women's Professional Soccer word mark and a number of red stars.
* We've been planning for Leslie Osborne and Emma Hayes' appearance Saturday afternoon at the Chicago Beach Soccer Invitational this weekend.
* Leslie and Emma will be joining Red Stars Director of Ticket Sales Greg Zaskowski and me at the IWSL Fall Seeding Meetings this Saturday morning.
* The Red Stars Managers Monthly Meeting is today
* Emma's travelling to West Lafayette, Indiana this weekend for the W-league Central Conference Final Four featuring host FC Indiana, Chicago Gaels, Toronto Lynx and Ottawa on Friday and Sunday.
* Staff members are meeting daily with IWSL club leaders to discuss partnerships.
* The team continues to sell season tickets at a healthy clip of 50 per week. We are pacing well for our goal of 3,000. If you haven't already done so, i recommend putting your $50 deposit down now.
* Red Stars Director of On-Line Marketing Amanda Vandervort is working with the League on preparations for the League's social networking site, which will launch in time to follow future WPS and Red Stars players at the Beijing Olympics.
* Amanda's also working on a new merchandise site that will be easier to navigate and allow us to offer more Red Stars items.
* Emma has been on the phone non-stop using her network to gather updated information on the world's best women's soccer players in preparation for the WPS allocation of USWNT players in mid-September and the three WPS drafts in September, October and January.
The Chicago Red Stars are now in full operational mode.